sleepless fury

april 25th

Liquid Welkin

The day went quite well, despite the fact the I only woke up at 11 am. Sleeping in! How wonderful! *grin*

So I ended up only getting 5 hours of sleep, because I only fell asleep at around 6 in the morning. How stupid is that? Strange though, because although I only got that much sleep, I still felt pretty good when I woke up. I was thinking about sleeping in for another hour (I had to be at work at 1) but decided against it, just because I felt so good already. I bummed around for my free hour, not doing much except messing around with my guitar and scribbling a few lines of poetry on same loose-leaf paper that was lying around. At about noon I decided it was time to get ready, and maybe I'd get to work early. Besides, I had to go to the bank and pull out 60 bucks to give to Jack later, as he is planning on getting some equipment and stuff for our jam sessions. He ended up passing by at around 3 with Mia, and we hung around the art aisle, looking at Dali and Kavanagh pictures, and trying to figure out what the image was on those silly "3-d Eye" images that were so popular a few years back.

You see, normally I wouldn't have been able to do that, but work today wasn't really normal. Instead of closing with the big boss (Pat) and dumb girl (Dawn) I got to close with my awesome assistant manager (Lori) and a nice lady (Leslie). Just the fact that Lori was in charge made my day at work. I love her. I think she's great. When friends come by my work (and they so often do that Pat gets angry at me about it, hehe) Lori doesn't get pissed. She realizes that I don't tell them to come by, but that they just do. She's awesome. Anyhow, before I knew it, work was over (at around 10 in the evening), but not without its daily fix of random meetings. Let's see... Who did I see at work? There was Anne, Karen, Jack, Mia, Ann, Derick... More than my regular share. Interesting. It was rumoured that Gem was wondering around the mall as well. Hmmm... If so, I wonder why she didn't come in to visit. Ah well. C'est le vie.

I had decided earlier today that I didn't want to go home until real late, just because last evening had been so disappointing. So I didn't. I ended up going straight to Zest Dinner, where I met up with Grebs and Ted, and just hung around talking until about 11, which was when I had to page Scott. *laugh* Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that he came into my work as well. *laugh* He came in to tell me that he was going to the circus. How cool (and strange) is that? I haven't been to the circus in well over 10 years. I should look into that sometime. Well, he took Allie out to the circus, so after I paged Scott, he ended up at the dinner with Allie not shortly thereafter. Allie wasn't feeling well (apparently she's been having one of her 72 hour migraines) and Scott was in an equally bad mood because he lost his 150 dollar sunglasses. Damn expensive sunglasses if you ask me. I had Calvin Klien glasses at one point, but I got them for free because of this phony prescription that my dad got me, something about me having trouble concentrating under the sun - which IS true to some degree. But they certainly weren't that expensive, and hell, I got them for free anyhow. Now I sport a pair of 6 dollar sunglasses, tinted blue (which seems to be a running trademark of mine for the past 5 years) and they seem to be doing fine. Anyhow, I'm getting sidetracked. Scott was in a pissy mood, so we ended up not staying very long. Scott drove Allie home, and giving me some lame ass excuse why I couldn't stay over at his house until 1:30 in the morning (that's when I was gonna go to Jack's after he came home from Philly) even though his parents weren't home. And I'll explain in a few minutes WHY it was such a lame ass excuse.

After we left Zest, I ended up driving around with Tom and Grebs for a bit, going down to our local BlockBuster so that they could rent Copland before they went home. I don't even know why I wanted to go with them. I guess it sounded like a good way to waste time. I think I parted company with them at about 12:30. Then for a straight hour, I just drove around my area. Just drove and drove, after I realized that none of my friends were home, and that it was too late to call most of them anyway. I found myself on back roads that I've never seen before in my life, but at least I now have a better understanding of the area around me, and thus I can get better oriented. *shaking head* I can't believe I drove around for an hour, just to waste time. I'm a geek. *laugh*

At any rate, at the end of my cruise I ended up at Jack's at 1:30 sharp, just as he was pulling in. Mia wasn't with him (which was really strange to see, since it's like they're joined at the hip) but he seemed to be pretty beat. I ended up paging Scott while I was there, and wouldn't you know it, Dave was over there. Argh. It makes me angry how stingy, selfish and annoying Scott can be sometimes. That, and his lame ass excuses. Dave told me to come over anyhow, so after Jack decided that he should get some rest, I drove over to Scott's, which was about 5 minutes away.

I think I got there at about 2:10. Dave and Scott were sitting out on the back porch, finishing up another pack of Camel Lights. Ack. I'm so glad that I quit smoking. I have that much more money left, and I'm not smelly. *chuckle* We ended up staying there until 3:30 in the morning, playing silly games like "Uno", "Do the Dew" and "Who can Hit Scott the hardest". *laugh* Funny... that last "game" that I mentioned was won by Scott himself. How idiotic is that?

Well, tonight ended up being more than satisfactory. I'm really tired right now, so I think I'm going to go to bed. 'Night.

yesterday | history | names | subscribe | palesky | tomorrow